cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel X25V Value SATA SSD stops booting?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hey Gang-- Had the SSD for 9 months on this system; all firmware is up-to-date and running on a Dell 490 with W7. Checked all connections and re-seated everything. Attempt to boot this a.m. and bios can't find drive (latest bio since SSD installed). System has a second drive (velociraptor) for data, primary drive only used for OS. Drive only held about 20GB and I've used the optimizer on a weekly basis. No changes to hardware in months. Please advise. TIA, V

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

This is creepy. I had the exact same issue happen to me on Tuesday! I was working on the SSD (had XP installed). Shut down the PC. Restarted 30 minutes later and could not boot the drive. Says windows/docs + settings corrupt when viewed from my 2nd drive (Win 7).

Just all of a sudden stopped working. Too bad my data was on this drive, I am trying to find a way to recover.

NOTE: Sorry, I have an X25-M

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

if bios can't find the ssd, then there's nothing else you can do to the drive. unless you try it on other machines to see if it can be detected or not.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm assuming your OS is on the SSD? I had a similar problem a coup,e of weeks ago however it turned out that one of my memory sticks was faulty. Once I removed that the PC booted up perfectly. It could be another piece of hardware that has caused the PC not to boot up.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks Gang for the insights. Oddly I moved my drives to Sata 1 and Sata 2 interfaces on the mobo and I am back in biz. Not happy about losing Sata 0 but solved for now.