cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel application to check X25-M G1 SSD usage, health etc.

DAndr17
New Contributor

Hi All,

The SSDLife screenshot attached contains some usage and health info for my X25-M G1 SSD although the work time looks way off.

Wondering if there's a similar tool from Intel that'd provide correct and complete stats for such drives? Intel SSD Toolbox seems to tell even less.

Thanks in advance,

Dmitriy

13 REPLIES 13

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Did you check if the drive has the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363 Intel® SSD Firmware?

I did indeed - it's 045C8820 (you can see it on the screenshot with SSDLife Pro I uploaded earlier in this thread), looks like it's the latest one.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

We are not yet certain about why this happens, but considering that the Mean Time Between Failure for this model is 1.2 million hours and that the Power-On Hours attribute is generally not considered to be a critical indicator of the health of the drive. We wonder if there is any impact of this apparent issue in the use of the drive that requires further investigation from our side.

DAndr17
New Contributor

No impact has been noticed so far: the drive keeps working perfectly (cannot see any difference compared to the moment it was installed). I was just curious thinking it's some trivial issue resulting from some default or incorrect setting somewhere.

I recently purchased a few more X25-M drives (G1 and G2) and will keep an eye on the misbehaving parameter for each of them once I install them into a couple of my X61s.

Thanks for your investigation anyway!