Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Intel h10: 512gb ssd is not recognized but the 32gb optane does.

MCruz15
Beginner

nvme controller.pngintel mas tool.pngIf I take a look inside the NVMe controller it says "This device cannot start (Code 10): hardware error in an I / O adapter".

Actually i run the OS on optane.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. There are many factors that can cause this situation. For example: correct set SATA mode in BIOS (should be "Intel RST...."), hardware remapping on PCIe slot should be disabled. The OS should be installed on the slow part of the drive rather than on Optane part. The Intel RST Windows driver should be version 17.x or later.
  2. Please read the Installation Guide for Optane Memory and correct your installation accordingly.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. There are many factors that can cause this situation. For example: correct set SATA mode in BIOS (should be "Intel RST...."), hardware remapping on PCIe slot should be disabled. The OS should be installed on the slow part of the drive rather than on Optane part. The Intel RST Windows driver should be version 17.x or later.
  2. Please read the Installation Guide for Optane Memory and correct your installation accordingly.

Leon

0 Kudos
EmilR
Beginner

Hi, I have the same problem.

@MCruz15 which was the solution for your problem?

thanks.

0 Kudos