Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel m2 nvme 660p

In the Intel SSD Toolbox it is saying, that my ssd is full working but if I do the test on my windows explorer it says that my ssd has a mistake. I tried repairing it with windows but it is saying it is still broken. But my Ssd toolbox is saying it is fine what could I do I need help.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Re: Intel m2 nvme 660p

There is a significant difference between the SSD Toolbox, which is displaying the physical status (health) of the drive, and Windows File Explorer, which are displaying the status of the file system that is stored on a partition of the drive. The former is telling us that there doesn't seem to be any physical problems with the drive (which is good), while the latter is telling us that there may be some corruption in the file system (which is not so good).

What you need to do is run the CHKDSK tool in fix (repair) mode with a command-line like "CHKDSK C: /F" (change the "C:" if it is a different drive letter having the problem).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello n_scott_pearson,

Thank you for your answer but i tried this already and I am still getting  the notification that it has a mistake I nearly tried every method in the cmd and in the windows explorer I don´t know what I could do else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Send us a picture of the error message you are seeing. Capture the output from the run of CHKDSK into a file and include it in the response.
...S
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

RealOgul_0-1594575454199.png

RealOgul_1-1594576004624.png

I also restarted it after it but it is sazing that it is onlz looking for mistakes

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Try using the tool with a command line like this: "chkdsk c: /f /offlinescanandfix".

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

n_scott_pearson

Where should I tap this command in the cmd because i tried it there and I am still geting this mistake notification. Or shoul I try this somewhere else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

It should say it will run during the next reboot cycle and then do so.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

n_scott_pearson

It didn´t work again I am still getting this misttake message

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @RealOgul 

Try to run from Administrative Command prompt : chkdsk c: /f /r  This command should locate bad sectors.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi LeonWaksman,

I tried it but I am still getting this mistake notification if I am testing it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @RealOgul ,

1. What is the status reported by chkdsk after finishing run this command? Are any errors reported?

2. The Drive E: and F: are partitions of the same drive C:  or there are separate drives?

3. Did you run chkdsk on E: and F:? If not, please do this.

Leon

Tags (1)
0 Kudos