Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel(r) SSD Toolbox is ready to go!

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

Good news (just in time for the holidays)! We have released the new version of the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455 Intel® SSD Toolbox (version 1.2) which fixes the issue with the Intel® SSD Optimizer.

rgds,

Alan

Intel NSG Marketing Division

74 REPLIES 74

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Took 45 minutes for my 80 gig G2. Worth the time though. Way better performance.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

So, just to confirm: if I am running 2 SSDs in a RAID0 configuration, I won't be able to utilize this toolbox (including optimizer) ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

In my case it just says "Failed":

I reinstalled Toolbox v.1.1 and it shows me that everything is fine:

After that I installed new drivers (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology v.9.5.0.1037) for my Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller and nothing has changed, Toolbox 1.2 shows the same error and 1.1 works fine.

My system:

Win 7 x64

HP EliteBook 6930p

T9400, PM45 chipset, ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller

SSDSA2M080G2GC with last (HD) firmware with such SMART attrib:

What's wrong?

WWong10
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have the same problem as Isidur.

I get the error screen when trying to run an optimization.

Here are my system details:

Windows 7 - 64bit

Zotac 9300 Mobo (Nvidia 730i chipset)

Intel 80GB G2 Postville (2CV102HD Firmware)

Standard AHCI 1.0 ATA Controller Driver (3.0Gb/s SATA)

Drive Policy - Better Performance, Write Caching on, Write Cache buffer flushing off

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The new toolbox says this when making a scheduled TRIM task:

The Intel SSD Optimizer may take many minutes to complete. While in progress, only 1 GB of space will be left free on your drive. Please avoid/minimize system use at the times you have scheduled the Optimizer to run. Once complete, all free space will be returned.

So, this toolbox fills the entire drive but 1GB with data and then frees it again to achieve the same as the old toolbox without corrupting restore points? If yes, this behavior increases host write load on the SSD by its capacity minus 1GB every week - I dont think I want that. I'll stick with the old toolbox. Not using windows restore points anyway...