Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel(r) SSD Toolbox is ready to go!

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

Good news (just in time for the holidays)! We have released the new version of the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455 Intel® SSD Toolbox (version 1.2) which fixes the issue with the Intel® SSD Optimizer.

rgds,

Alan

Intel NSG Marketing Division

74 REPLIES 74

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Installed the new firmare and the latest SSD Toolbox (ver.1.2)

It works fine except for the SSD Management Tools. When I am trying to Run it the Toolbox is reporting an error "... could not run due to the presence of Volume Shadow Copy Service data..."

My config is Windows XP Pro (on Sony Vaio Z11MRN), Intel X25-M 160GB G2 (silver case), Volume Shadow Copy Service is disabled (now). Tried running the Toolbox in Safe mode with almost everything (including anti-virus) disabled with the same result.

People told me that 1.1 would probably work for me, but apparently that version is no longer available for download.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same problem here:

"... could not run due to the presence of Volume Shadow Copy Service data..."

Also using XP Pro here.

I tried to check for VSS data by using:

vssadmin list shadows

It tells me there are no shadow copies on my system.

Any ideas?

Another thing:

For the Toolbox to recognise my drive I had to install default PCI-IDE storage controller drivers, instead of using nvidia sata controller drivers.

Those default drivers nearly double my bootup time!

As this is unacceptable it would mean I have to install those drivers everytime I want to use the Toolbox, then install sata drivers again.

Any ideas how this could be improved? (Win7 is _not_ an option)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you using XP 64-bit by chance? If so, you need to apply a windows hotfix. (See the Intel Toolbox README)

I had the same shadow copy enabled error until I did so...but the toolbox is working fine now

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thx for your suggestion.

I'm running XP 32bit. So this hotfix is not the problem/solution

EDIT:

This tool seems to check for restore points. I have disabled System restore completely ("Turn off System Restore on all drives").

May this be an issue?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same here - WinXP 32-bit version