cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 3rd party UEFI NVMe driver (e.g. AMI) supported for booting Intel P3700 SSD?

CChon3
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

The most recent BIOS for my motherboard includes a NVMe driver for UEFI which is not provided by Intel (driver is provided by AMI).

Previously on the older BIOS, Intel's NVMe driver for UEFI is used for booting into Windows (AMI did not include any UEFI NVMe driver then).

Now, AMI's NVMe driver for UEFI is loaded instead of Intel's (I confirmed that by looking at "drivers" using the UEFI shell, only AMI is listed but not Intel).

Is this supported for booting?

6 REPLIES 6

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello ClementChong,

Intel does not use third-party driver for NVMe, so we cannot confirm whether it is going to work or not. We advise to use our official driver from our download center found in this link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23929 Intel® Download Center

CChon3
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

You are not answering my question.

I repeat, driver for UEFI (the modern BIOS before booting to the Operating System), not driver for Windows and not driver for Linux.

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

ClementChong,

Thanks for clarifying, could you please provide the model of the motherboard you are using?

KenF_Intel
Contributor

Hi ClementChong,

Are you having a problem getting you're P3700 to boot with this new system or is this a more of a 'theoretical' question?

If you are having a problem, please provide motherboard model, BIOS version and the firmware version installed on your P3700.

Also, does your system show the version of the BIOS NVMe driver?

Thanks!