cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is any method reading the NVME power consumption?

Chihta
New Contributor

Hi 

I had the P4510 2TB NVME. Is any method reading the NVME power consumption? such as via SMBus. If there is. Could you share the guidance to read the NVME power consumption? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Chihta.

Thank you very much for waiting.

There are no instructions regarding this as SMBus access is typically vendor unique, so how to read it will depend on the system (OEM), and the NVMe-MI spec shows that Byte 6, of the Basic/command 0, can be used to show power consumption, but this is not currently being implemented in our products.

This being said, we can only share the consumption information that is publicly available in our specifications site, the Intel ARK website, for this specific SSD: 

P4510: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/122580/intel-ssd-dc-p4510-series-2-0tb-2-5in-pc...

Power - Active: 12W

Power - Idle: 5W

If we can help you with anything else, please let me know, I will follow up on October 7th just in case.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Chihta.

Good day,

Thank you for positing on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your ticket regarding the P4510 and how to measure the NVMe power consumption, I will be glad to assist you.

Please allow us to review if there is any information we can provide and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Chihta.

Thank you very much for waiting.

There are no instructions regarding this as SMBus access is typically vendor unique, so how to read it will depend on the system (OEM), and the NVMe-MI spec shows that Byte 6, of the Basic/command 0, can be used to show power consumption, but this is not currently being implemented in our products.

This being said, we can only share the consumption information that is publicly available in our specifications site, the Intel ARK website, for this specific SSD: 

P4510: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/122580/intel-ssd-dc-p4510-series-2-0tb-2-5in-pc...

Power - Active: 12W

Power - Idle: 5W

If we can help you with anything else, please let me know, I will follow up on October 7th just in case.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Chihta.

Good day,

I wanted to follow up on your thread to check if I can be of assistance.

I will follow up one last time on October 12th before closing the thread the same day, so please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Chihta.

Good day,

This post is to follow up on your thread to confirm if our assistance is still required.

I previously shared that this is not implemented and shared the consumption specifications from our Intel ARK page for this particular drive.

Since there has been no confirmation about assistance being required, your thread will be closed right now.

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread or contact us via any of the available support methods: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.