cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to reflash SSD with same firmware

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I need to reflash my both Intel X25-M with the latest firmware but tool doesn't let me cause it's already running latest version. Reason why is that under Windows 7 Raid 0 of these two scores only 5.9. I thought that SATA controller on my x58 motherboard went bad, so i got a new motherboard and same thing! I think something wrong is going with drives and they probably need to be reflashed, that might fix a problem. Just to say that Windows 7 always scored 7.9 before.

32 REPLIES 32

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am not condemning anything, just stating that TRIM will not work in a RAID environment and that will affect the SSD over time, as it affects all SSD's that never get TRIMMED, unless one takes measures to "clean" the SSD.

Benchmark results do not always reflect what the average user does. RAID 0 is to me a waste, unless you like to look at benchmark tests.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

As you can see drives are totally messed up. SSD is really not good investment.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

So i disabled Raid and switched to IDE, reinstalled Windows 7. I installed Intel ToolBox and WTF says doesn't support trimming on this SSD?

Is it possible to do trim at all?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Must be AHCI for Trim--you used IDE. There is a thread in this forum with a link to a Microsoft article that shows how to enable AHCI in Win7 with a single registry edit. Then you have to restart, change bios to use AHCI, and restart. I have used it. It works

But first, while in IDE mode, try the optimizer in the Toolbox. I believe that will work. You do have G2 SSD, right. Optimizer will not work on G1.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

okay, I have an answer.

Don't try to do any serious things yet.

I used to get 7.8 WEI with 160G2 and after a fresh OS installation it got stuck with 5.9.

I did reinstallation and it was still stuck at 5.9

and I changed the drivers for SATA controller from msahcl.sys to any of RST drivers and the WEI was changed back to 7.7 (slightly less)

I was trying to figure out what was causing this....

c:\windows\performance\winsat\datastore\

there's disk assessment file.

with the score of 5.9 i get this message

<!--  /* Font Definitions */  @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:"맑은 고딕"; panose-1:2 11 5 3 2 0 0 2 0 4; mso-font-charset:129; mso-generic-font-family:modern; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1879047505 165117179 18 0 524289 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1593833729 1073750107 16 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:"\@맑은 고딕"; panose-1:2 11 5 3 2 0 0 2 0 4; mso-font-charset:129; mso-generic-font-family:modern; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1879047505 165117179 18 0 524289 0;}  /* Style Definitions */  p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"맑은 고딕"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"맑은 고딕"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:85.05pt 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

<</span>AvgThroughput kind="Sequential Read" units="MB/s" ioSize="65536" score="7.5">255.08917</</span>AvgThroughput>

<</span>AvgThroughput kind="Random Read" units="MB/s" ioSize="16384" score="7.9"><strong style="font-family: " font-size: 8pt; sans-s...