cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to reflash SSD with same firmware

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I need to reflash my both Intel X25-M with the latest firmware but tool doesn't let me cause it's already running latest version. Reason why is that under Windows 7 Raid 0 of these two scores only 5.9. I thought that SATA controller on my x58 motherboard went bad, so i got a new motherboard and same thing! I think something wrong is going with drives and they probably need to be reflashed, that might fix a problem. Just to say that Windows 7 always scored 7.9 before.

32 REPLIES 32

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, indeed. I was about to recommend to Carl2 changing the Raid driver to RST. Then he posted that he had changed to non-Raid. Carl2 might have been using the Matrix driver, which has always been flaky with SSDs.

The jury is still out on what is triggering this change in WEI--and performance. But I do not think it the SSDs themselves.

Carl2, you should get the Intel Rapid Storage Controller (RST) driver. Works with single or Raid, provides better performance, and--possibly--will fix your problem, if you still have it. Look at Stationdrivers.com, under Drivers, Intel, Matrix Storage Controller. RST is the replacement for the Matrix driver, with "enhancements" for SSDs. Get RST version 9.5.6. For Raid, the RST package installs a separate RST User Interface in the Start Menu. Use this to enable the write-back cache, which will perk up IO performance.

Message was edited by: Einride

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I guess since i have Intel X25-M SSD toolbox doesn't support trimming or anything on it. Thanks for everybodies help. I took out this junk and threw it to garbage. I am running two Raid 0 setups with WD Raptor HDDs and i am happy.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The drive isn't garbage, nor is the SSD Toolbox. TRIM does not work in a RAID environment.

One SSD is not fast enough for you? Well, if you really threw it away, the joke is on you since you not only threw away the SSD, but all the money you paid.

Anyway, you made some retailer happy.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I disabled RAID, enabled ACHI and tried to do Trim. Intel X25-M 80Gb is not supported by SSD Toolbox to do Trim on it. I just gave up on this thing. It's in my garbage box, maybe i will pull it out if Intel releases new firmware. I am planning to get some Laptop, will install it there and try to trim it under Linux Ubuntu 64.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you have Disk Defragmenter disabled or turned off for the SSD? Did you look at the readme for SSD Toolbox to see if there was something conflicting with your setup?

With a properly setup SSD, G2 drive, TRIM should work either automatically or via SSD Toolbox.