cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to reflash SSD with same firmware

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I need to reflash my both Intel X25-M with the latest firmware but tool doesn't let me cause it's already running latest version. Reason why is that under Windows 7 Raid 0 of these two scores only 5.9. I thought that SATA controller on my x58 motherboard went bad, so i got a new motherboard and same thing! I think something wrong is going with drives and they probably need to be reflashed, that might fix a problem. Just to say that Windows 7 always scored 7.9 before.

32 REPLIES 32

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My SSD is not G2, it is first Intel SSD 80Gb X25-M

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well, TRIM does not work for G1 drives and most likely never will. Still, the drive is not garbage, just you buying the first phase of new technology.

You should have stated it was a G1 SSD in your first post. Many people were trying to help you and you didn't know G1 drives are not supported by TRIM?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I will try Ubuntu 64 to trim drive. I wish i could reflash this drive with same firmware to see what's gonna happen.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Why are you talking about TRIM when you said it is not a G2 SSD? Are you just here to play games?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

relax ppl. he might not have understanding of the g1 and trim...

i think he is one who's confused the most about g1 and trim support.

g1 shows better sustainability for in long term use compared to g2 without trim.

the g1 is designed to work better than any other ssds available when it was released for sale without trim.

g1 is still well performing ssd without trim support and u can securely erase the ssd to initialize.