cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to reflash SSD with same firmware

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I need to reflash my both Intel X25-M with the latest firmware but tool doesn't let me cause it's already running latest version. Reason why is that under Windows 7 Raid 0 of these two scores only 5.9. I thought that SATA controller on my x58 motherboard went bad, so i got a new motherboard and same thing! I think something wrong is going with drives and they probably need to be reflashed, that might fix a problem. Just to say that Windows 7 always scored 7.9 before.

32 REPLIES 32

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am relaxed, always, just a really relaxed kind of person.

I told him G1 drives do not support TRIM and he still talks about TRIM.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

we need to tell him,

1. sell g1 and get g2

2. wait for rst driver to support trim in raid 0

3. good night

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

He first has to understand G1 drives do not support TRIM, otherwise, why would he want to sell it?

And good night to you!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

By saing model Intel X25-M 80Gb you guys should know that it can only be G1. I knew that trimming is not supported through RAID and that's because Intel Sata Controller is not that good. I didn't know that G1 doesn't support Trim at all, so basically what Intel is saying to me yeah you spent a lot of money sorry throw it to garbage...so helpful. Both of my SSD are ready for garbage cause Write Performance on them is horrible, might as well use 5400 RPM HDD since at least i get more space.

The point of this post is to see if it's possible to force same firmware upgrade on SSD, but for some unknown reason Intel doesn't support any switch command where such a thing could be forced.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

By saying X25-M 80Gb does not mean it is a G1 drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167023 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167023

You cannot "force" the TRIM firmware upgrade on a G1 drive--because the firmware is only for G2 drives.