Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Is the Intel NUC D34010WYKH compatible with the Intel SSD 540s Series?

Hi,

My Intel NUC D34010WYKH doesn't seem to be compatible with the Intel SSD 540s Series (120Go).

The SSD is randomly disconnected and Windows 10 doesn't like it at all... It already corrupted the NTFS partition twice...

When I press F10 on boot to get the boot menu, sometimes the disk appears, sometimes it doesn't and I have an error like ""

The BIOS is on the latest version, the SSD appears when I navigate in the BIOS menu.

No problem with a Seagate Momentus XT 500Go for example.

Any idea about it? Should I use an older SSD model?

Thank you for your help.

Guillaume.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello lGuillaume124,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC community.

Let me gather more information in regard to this matter, this will help me to address this in the most accurate way, so please respond to the following;

• Could you please let me know the BIOS version installed?
  • Have ran any integrity tool to check the health of your SSD?
  • Have you tested the Intel® SSD 540s on a different computer?

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Amy,

• Could you please let me know the BIOS version installed?
    • The latest according to the support page: WYLPT10H.86A.0044.2016.1214.1710
  • Have ran any integrity tool to check the health of your SSD?
    • I've downloaded and installed the Intel Solid State Drive Toolbox to check it. No error reported.
  • Have you tested the Intel® SSD 540s on a different computer?
    • Yes it works fine when I put it into an external case.

Guillaume.

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for that information.

Could you please check the firmware version you have installed? Open the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox. The firmware version displays under the Drive Summary.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

The latest version, according to the Intel tool :

Firmware Revision: LSF036C

idata
Community Manager

/thread/111385 lGuillaume124, thank you for that information.

Based on all the information you provided, the issue could be related to the SSD itsel. So, at this stage I am going to move your thread to the SSD forum department, they will be taking care of your thread. This is the specialized department on SSD's, they will be able to provide more troubleshooting steps or provide a diagnose on your unit.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Hello,

I don't think so. I tried an other Intel SSD (335 Series 240GB) and the NUC didn't recognize it at all!

idata
Community Manager

Since you tried the Seagate Momentus XT 500Go and it worked, it was looking like the SSD was the issue. However, before continuing troubleshooting the Intel® NUC Kit, I would like to move your thread to the SSD forum department so they can help troubleshooting the SSD's.

FYI, I moved your thread to the Solid State Drives community.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Hello lGuillaume124,

Since the SSD is being detected by the BIOS and it works when plugged in through a SATA to USB adapter, we can recommend disabling Fast Boot in your BIOS.

- http://http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000006699.html Using Fast Boot in Intel® Visual BIOS 2.x

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
idata
Community Manager

Hello lGuillaume124,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you.

Has your issue been resolved? Please let us know if you would like to receive further assistance.

Best regards,

Carlos A.