cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an Intel Series 320 512Gb?

SLync1
New Contributor

8There is another topic regarding an Intel 320 513gb drive:

Having issues pulling up docs and specs on the Series 320 on intel site- docs not found,

The topic is two years old- hoped maybe something has happened since the original topic posted

because the ISN shows a valid warranty until July 2016.

I purchased the drive on eBay April 10th, got it yesterday after the seller sent me the wrong drive first.

The Model number is: ssdsa2cw512g3

The serial number is: CVPR12950FD512NGN

I became suspicious when I noticed there was no intel logo/decal or silk screen marking on the top of the brushed aluminum case.

The bottom of the drive has a label, with a few asian characters written in pen, along with the FW version, but otherwise no marking.

The drive was advertised as used, but the SMART power-on hours count showed 0 by now it's up to 8,

I understand the power-on hours count is supposed to be cumulative over the life of the drive- barring reset with specialized utility.

The power-on hours don't reconcile well with 346 power cycle counts, and 36 unsafe shutdown counts

and the timed-work-load timer showed 155254819 on initial power-up.

Before the 512Gb arrived, the seller sent me the wrong drive, I didn't read the label before popped the tape and found a new sealed in zero stat bag.

A series 1500 240G- I didn't open the zero stat bag. The first series 1500 came in a small brown box with a white label.

Wondering the next step if the drive is counterfeit, do I return to seller or report to ebay?

If I return to seller it may hit the street again.

Should I hang on the the 1500 so it can be inspected to see if it's legit?

Thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6

Thank you jonathan_intel, I breath easy now.

And: "we are not aware of any public tools that can reset the SMART data." answered my SMART question.

There may be tools in the wild -but a partial SMART reset is something that shouldn't happen in the course of a normal drives life even when updating

firmware.

To keep others from potentially questioning whether Intel EVER made a 320 512GB ssd, to prevent finger pointing such as mine, perhaps you could add a comment to this thread explaining there was an OEM drive:

That's the first and only Intel link I hit when I did a model number search on Google or on Intel to see if perhaps a firmware update was causing SMART data resets...From that topic and lack of info on the Intel site, one gets the distinct impression that Intel never made a 320 512Gb drive with this model number, and it mentions eBay specifically as a source of bogus drives.

I gave the seller a pretty hard time about this. Not the original owner/buyer, he picked up a few in a lot buy. And due to the SMART data issue, he gave me a

very nice discount. He remained certain the drive was okay because the ISN checked. I was skeptical that might have been copied from another product.

Thanks again!

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello SeanLynch,

We are glad that we were able to resolve your inquiry, I added a comment to the related thread with a brief clarification.

For future reference, users can always check if the ISN is valid in our online http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/warranty Warranty Center. Or, may http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Support to receive direct assistance from a support representative.