cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any significant difference between a 256GB and 512GB version of the 760P drives?

DWils12
New Contributor

Hey all. So, I'm really at a loss here. We have a number of Lenovo P50 and P51 laptops which have been running extremely slow for reasons we don't understand. So our solution was to replace the 5400RPM drives with SSD drives. So for some testing we picked up a 256GB drive and two 512GB drives. Our process for imaging these drives is the same but while the process works flawlessly on the 1TB platter drives the systems shipped with, and on the 256GB drive, neither of the 512GB drives will image. All the SSD drives are the Intel 760P series and no changes are made to the system BIOS when switching out one drive for another. So, why would the 256GB drive work fine, but the 512GB drives won't? Any ideas here would be great. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Thanks Diego. We've tried a few other drives and the 256GB versions works every time, but the 512 versions will not. We tested a couple of Samsung 500GB 970 EVO drives and they've worked flawlessy so far so we'll be going with those drives. I really have no idea why the 512GB 760P drives wouldn't work for us but we don't have the time to spend hunting down reasons.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi daveWilson,

I understand. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestion for you about this, and since you are using a custom OS, the issue goes beyond of our support scope.Anyhow, if you have in the future another concern about our drives, please don't hesitate to open a new thread. We'll try to help you in any way we can.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.