cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low write speed Intel 535 240GB M.2

BVlad
New Contributor

Hello guys.

I just bought this Intel SSD (SSDSCKJW240H601) and stuck it in my new Asus GL552JX notebook.

Put Windows10 x64, all the drivers from Asus's site and ran some tests. I noticed the write speeds are quite low as you can see in the printscreens.

Any ideas why? I have latest BIOS, latest FW, latest drivers from Asus, Intel Rapid Technology installed ...

Thanks in advance!

Bupitz

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Bupitz,

Thank you for providing pictures of the situation you are experiencing with your drive. We would like to work on this and get the best resolution for you, please expect an answer anytime soon.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Bupitz,

Please take a look at this document where it shows how to run the test for your SSD, you can find it under performance section page 9:

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-specifications/ssd-535-m2-spec.p... http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-specifications/ssd-535-m2-spec.p...

For Crystal DiskMark, please download version 5 or above in order to get more features and for testing purposes.

In Crystal Disk mark, please check under settings and then queues and threads, make sure the queue is 32 and for threads at least 4.

Please let us know.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Bupitz,

We are following up on this thread and we would like to know if you were able to follow our recommendation.We will be waiting for your response.

BVlad
New Contributor

Hello.

I wasn't able to test it with Crystal DiskMark 5 or above but I got advice on another forum that Crystal DiskMark is testing hard drives with incompressible data and that's why I got those results.

When I test the drive with ATTO Benchmark (which is using compressible data) all the test are providing good (as stated) results.

I think the thread can be closed as this wasn't a SDD performance issue but more that a tool problem.

Thank you for your suggestions though.

Regards,

Bogdan