cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSAHCI with Trim or Intel Maxtrix or RST ??

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have 160 gig g2 and running win 7 64 bit on an HP Pavilion dv6700t CTO T9300 4 gig. ram. This is kinda a poll. Go with msahci with trim or use the Matrix or RST drivers without trim and use toolbox. Which way would you go and why?

Regards

JJ

12 REPLIES 12

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

IMHO, go with msahci with TRIM (i.e. the native win 7 driver). The driver has very decent performance for one that is included with windows. When RST with TRIM is officially released by Intel, then upgrade.

That's my plan anyway because I've used even the latest 'release' of RST and believe they're not quite ready for universal application; some people have had success, some haven't.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for your reply. I'm inclined to agree with you. One problem I have is my WEI score is only 5.9. When I switched to the iastor it went to 7.7. I'm not sure the WEI really means much thought. My AS scores and Crystal scores or normal for a SSD so I'm really not sure what is goin on. Here's where it fails: <</span>Responsiveness Kind="LongIOs" units="units" score="1.9" factor="1.0">47.38687</</span>Responsiveness>

<</span>Responsiveness Kind="Overall" units="units" score="1.9" factor="1.0">632.57323</</span>Responsiveness> <</span>Responsiveness Kind="Cap" Reason="FAILED">TRUE</</span>Responsiveness> . Here's the strange thing, I installed the latest rst from driver station then switched back to msahci and the score went to 7.7. However for some reason the cpu fan stayed at max because a rst process was running in background, so i just uninstalled the rst drivers and the wei score went back to 5.9 but the fan problem went away. Haven't had anymore time to play with this. Hopefully the Intel drivers will be out soon. Regards JJr

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Interesting. 7 (x64) here with msahci, and WEI is 7.7. Not sure what is going on there, jj.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I installed Windows 7 x64 with msahci driver and never switched, and my WEI score remains the same, 7.7