cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix storage manager prevents run windows update

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

When I install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager version 8.9.0.1023 downloaded from the website, I noticed that windows update does not work properly.

The hard drive is in AHCI in the BIOS

If I search update, a window informs me that the update can not be made because the service is stopped.

I checked the services, and the following services are started:

- Windows update - Transfer Service Background Intelligent

I tried restarting the services, and the result is the same.

I uninstalled Intel Matrix Storage Manager and windows update works again.

How to run Windows Update when Matrix storage manager is installed?

Here's my setup:

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

motherboard: GIGABYTE

Model Name: GA-EP45-DS4 (rev. 1.0) -------------------------- Rev. Motherboard: 1.0 Ver. BIOS: F4 -------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------- VGA Brand: Asus Model: GTS450 CPU Brand: Intel Model: Q8400 Speed: 2.66 OS: Win 7 64-bit SP1 Brand of Memory: Kingston Type: DDRII Memory Size: 2048 Speed: 800 Power: 480 W

- Seagate ST1000FM003-9YN162 1TB - AHCI enabled in the bios ************************************************** ******** thank you for your help

cordially

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

On this case the recommendation will be to contact the OEM manufacturer for further assistance since the issue is not related with Solid State Drives and you have a third party motherboard.