cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring Intel X25-V SSD performance with IOmeter on linux

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to measure the performance of Intel X25-V SSD with IOmeter on linux. I am running dynamo on linux host (where SSD is connected) and IOmeter GUI on another windows machine. Both linux machine and windows machine are in the same LAN. Results that I get with this setup are far away from benchmark results given by Intel. If connect the SSD to a windows machine and measure the performance with IOmeter (here dynamo and IOmeter run on windows machine) then I get results close to benchmark results. Does this mean that Intel benchmark results are captured on windows machine OR am I missing anything with my linux setup in capturing the correct results.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramu

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Ramu,

There is a known incompatibility with the IOMeter Dynamo on current Linux operating systems. This problem causes IOMeter to only issue non-queued IO. The IOMeter administrators are planning to fix this in a future version.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Allenwa,

If we use queue depth of 1 with dynamo running on linux then we should get the same performace as that of iometer on windows with queue depth of 1.....right ? OR Is there an issue with queue depth of 1 also in case of running dynamo on linux ?

Thanks & Regards,

Ramu