cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media is in a readonly mode

HNies
New Contributor

Hi

looks like I can not write to my Intel SSD anymore. Can not even wipe it with tools like DBAN or similar things. I was able to run SSD Toolbox on a live USB system. See attachments please. I added two screenshots and the logfile. Anything I can do and why did this happen in the first place?

5 REPLIES 5

Hello, HNies.

This message is to follow up on your ticket to check if I can be of assistance.

I previously shared that there is no particular reason for the drive to enter this state, the seem to be no errors and it was running the latest firmware.

Replacing the drive would be the best option, but knowing that you bough your system more than a year ago, it may not be under the system manufacturer's warranty (ACER), but you can still check with them just in case or I may also be able to assist you if you have a copy of the invoice or receipt from the store or website where you bought the system or the drive (in case you bought the drive separately).

Since there has been no confirmation, I will proceed to close the thread for now, but it may be re-opened within 14 days if you still require assistance.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel