cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media is in a readonly mode

HNies
New Contributor

Hi

looks like I can not write to my Intel SSD anymore. Can not even wipe it with tools like DBAN or similar things. I was able to run SSD Toolbox on a live USB system. See attachments please. I added two screenshots and the logfile. Anything I can do and why did this happen in the first place?

5 REPLIES 5

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, HNies.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

The SMART report provided shows a high number of Unsafe shutdowns and Media Errors that could be related.

I would like to know the following:

• What type of usage/workload was applied to the unit?
  • How was it connected to the system?
  • Was the Intel Client NVMe driver installed?
  • How long ago did you purchase it?

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A contingent Worker at Intel

Hi Bruce,

the unit was used mainly for web browsing and playing some games.#

It is connected to the M.2 slot of an Acer Aspire notebook.

This driver is installed.

Not sure when I bought it, I guess about 3 years ago.

Greets,

HNies

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, HNies.

Good day,

Thank you for the response and the information.

If that is the case, there should not be a particular reason for the drive to fail, it was even running the latest firmware.

Knowing that you bought the system three years ago (or more), it is likely that it is no longer under warranty, assuming that this drive is the original drive preinstalled in the ACER computer, so replacing this component (SSD) under ACER warranty may not be an option.

If you have a copy of the invoice or receipt of the original purchase, I may be able to assist you with that, so let me know if you have anything similar to a proof of purchase (just let me know or send me a private message, do not attach it to this ticket).

Best regards,

Bruce C.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Hello, HNies.

Good day,

I wanted to follow up on your ticket to check if you have any questions regarding my previous message.

If I can be of assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

A Contingent Worker at Intel