cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Intel 600p Drivers for Windows 8 (not 8.1)

ELein
New Contributor

I have purchased Windows 8 Pro in October 2012 (at its launch) and haven't installed it until now.

I have just built a custom PC with an Intel 600p SSD (which is recognized in the UEFI along with every other component), but it isn't recognized by the Windows 8 installer. There are multiple solutions for Windows 7, but I am not sure if they work on a Windows 8 installation.

So my question is, can I apply the hotfixes designed for Windows 7 on my Windows 8 installation?

By the way, I plan to upgrade to Windows 8.1 and then maybe Windows 10 later on.

2 REPLIES 2

ELein
New Contributor

NVM, problem solved, MS Tech Support upgraded my key to W10 and I installed W10 successfully

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Elias.lnwb,

Thanks for sharing your situation and fix. Basically, the Intel® SSD 600p series only works with operating systems that come with native NVMe* drivers, reason why it does not work on Windows* 8.https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/memory-and-storage/000022378.html Here is a link with some frequently asked questions and also explain how to install the SSD with Windows* 7.Regards,Nestor C