cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 4k-64Thrd Read is low

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi guys, I installed an Intel x25-m 80 Gib and everything seems to be fine.

But when comparing my results with a lot of people I always see that I'm scoring the lowest on the 4K-64 Thrd.

I run the Intel SSD Toolbox optimization but same results showed up.

What is the 4K-64Thrd? and how can I improve it?

Here's a my benchmark, Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I tried installing the latest RST and got this error:

And this is what I see for controllers:

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Assuming you got the right RST version (32 vs 64 bit driver package), check your motherboard manual to see what controllers you have. Most have two. You will have different SATA ports for different controllers. If you have an Intel chipset make sure you are plugged into an Intel SATA port.

If you are not using the PCI IDE controller disable it in the BIOS.

Be careful as you might have a problem booting if you change controllers.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Somehow the configuration changed from achi to ide in the bios. I have no idea how or when. Changed it back and the score went up to 419. I was then able to install the latest RST and the score went up to 429 so I'll leave it at that. Thanks for pointing in the right direction.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

4K-64Thrd refers to the speed at queue depth 64. Re you running Intel, AMD or Nvidia chipsets? Try running the latest Intel RST chipset drivers if you are on Intel chipsets. If you are not on an Intel chipset those scores are OK.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It's an asus board but it's using the intel chipsets. I was about to install the RST so I'll try it and report back.