Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

My Intel 545S SSD became unrecognized after failed Firmware update

RRisd
Beginner

it happened when i ​was updating the firmware using SSD toolbox, the process failed and the computer became BSOD. the ssd is now not even detected in BIOS. in windows 10 device manager it became  'unknown device' under disk drives section with hardware id blank. i believe it's the firmware problem. the real problem is i can't anymore update the firmware with the tool provided (intel IMAS, SSD toolbox and even Intel FUT). it maybe because these tool can only update the intel ssd,  as my ssd is now not recognized as intel ssd. if only i can find the firmware binary, maybe i can force update it using IMAS command line. but i can't find it anywhere. is there any way to revive my dead ssd? i look forward for solution because i have a 'personal valuable' data in it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosafathB_Intel

Hello RRisd,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

We noticed you have another ticket open related to the same topic with our advanced technical support department we will continue to assist you in that ticket.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JosafathB_Intel

Hello RRisd,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

We noticed you have another ticket open related to the same topic with our advanced technical support department we will continue to assist you in that ticket.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos