cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My X25-M G2 has an odd product name ! : SSDSA2M080G2GN

OPLIC
New Contributor

Hello, I live in France and I've just bought a brand new Intel X25-M G2 SSD (34 nm, that's what the seller says). I've noticed two strange things about product name : the product name on the ssd and the product name written on the cardboard box are not the same ! And the SSD product name is "odd", I've never seen anything like this. Here are the numbers :

box : SSDSA2MH080G201

ssd : SSDSA2M080G2GN (yes, there is no "H").

There is no plastic spacer, the ssd height is 7 mm. It has the 2CV102G9 firmware.

Is my ssd a real product from Intel ? Is my ssd as good as the others X25M G2 ?

13 REPLIES 13

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Dear Alan,

Thank you for clearing up what colour the drive should be.

I hope you will be able to clear up the problem of the missing "H" as well?

According to Intel's own Ordering Information Decoder, the "H" stands for "Feature H = High Performance"

As seen here on Intel's own pdf http://download.intel.com/design/flash/nand/mainstream/322296.pdf http://download.intel.com/design/flash/nand/mainstream/322296.pdf on page two.

Also on the same page it shows all the Part numbers, and all of them have the missing "H" in the part number.

I am sure intel did not release the exact same product with two different part numbers.

So if you could confirm that there is two different products the SSDSA2M080G2GN & SSDSA2MH080G2GN and what the difference is. (one with the "H" and one with out)

or confirm that there is only one product SSDSA2MH080G2GN.

At the moment I feel as I can not find any information about my Intel SSDSA2M080G2GC on the Intel website, that I have bought a counterfit product.

As I said before I hope you can clear this up for me and the other people in this thread.

And remember just because you buy a red car doesn't mean you bought a Ferrari

OPLIC
New Contributor

Can Intel update its PDF ?

So I have tested my X25 G2GN 80 GB with crytal diskmark 2.2 and I'm not disappointed :

I have an ICH9R chipset (Gygabyte P35 DS3-R) :

IDE mode :

read seq. : 255,1

write seq : 91.61

read 512k : 169.3

write 512k : 91.11

read 4k : 23.80

write 4k : 64.17

AHCI mode :

read seq. : 268,8 (+ 5.37%)

write seq : 90,43 (-1.29%)

read 512k : 205,2 (+21,20% !!!)

write 512k : 90,82 (-0.32%)

read 4k : 24.02 (+ 0.92%)

write 4k : 66.41 (+ 3.49%)

I'm sure now that my ssd is a real Intel product but I just wanted to know for the missing "H"...

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Understand the confusion.

The H was dropped off the 34nm SSD label. We were required to move to 14 characters on the product and the H did not differientate our drive.

We only have one product. The 80GB that you highlight could be labeled: SSDSA2M080G2GN or SSDSA2M080G2GC.

One product.

Alan

Intel NAND Solutions Group

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I bought the 160 GB version that came in the INTEL box by newegg and not the OEM version. The box that i have says SSDSA2MH160G2R5.

BTW, these drives are just plain ole awesome.

If you all would produce a 320 GB version i would be set.

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@ dpm: glad you like our drives. I recently put a 160GB 34nm in my work laptop, and really enjoy it as well!

Higher capacities are certainly in our future. Hopefully they will be available when I fill my new SSD!

rgds,

Alan

Intel NAND Solutions Group