cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My intel 660p ssd is being blocked from running. How do I get it to be unblocked by my task manager?

VDici
New Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LeonWaksman
Contributor II

Hi @VDici​ 

1. It is not clear to which driver you have on your mind? Do you intend to the NVMe driver in the Storage controllers category of Device Manager? If the answer is yes, uninstall the Intel driver you have installed and use the Microsoft driver build in the O.S. Your SSD will be recognized correctly. If you prefer Intel driver, download it from Intel Client NVMe Microsoft Windows Drivers for Intel® SSDs
  2. Download and install Intel SSD Toolbox. With this application you will be able to check the SSD status and update firmware to the latest version.

Leon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AlHill
Contributor II

What do you mean "blocked from running"? What does Task Manager have to do with this?

What operating system? Windows 10? What version? 1909?

What is your processor model number?

What is the model number of your laptop or system/motherboard?

Doc

VDici
New Contributor

Sorry meant device manager. and it says "The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

VDici
New Contributor

Windows 10, version 1909, intel core i9 9900k, msi b360 gaming plus

LeonWaksman
Contributor II

Hi @VDici​ 

1. It is not clear to which driver you have on your mind? Do you intend to the NVMe driver in the Storage controllers category of Device Manager? If the answer is yes, uninstall the Intel driver you have installed and use the Microsoft driver build in the O.S. Your SSD will be recognized correctly. If you prefer Intel driver, download it from Intel Client NVMe Microsoft Windows Drivers for Intel® SSDs
  2. Download and install Intel SSD Toolbox. With this application you will be able to check the SSD status and update firmware to the latest version.

Leon