cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Latest 02M3 Firmware for X-25-M 80GB

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I get an error from the SSD Optimizer in the Intel SSD Toolbox to update my drive's firmware; the utility will not run. It says I have the old firmware and informs me I need to update (the drive's firmware).

Intel Product Change Notification number 110343-00, dated December 3, 2010, tells me that the current firmware (for this drive) is version 02M3, not the version 02HD as is in the ISO update on the Intel site and is noted at the latest version of the firmware (110902HD88208850.iso).

The Intel SSD Toolbox "View Drive Information" confirms the firmware is version: 2CV102HD.

The disk created from the ISO file also confirms the firmware is version 02HD and will not update the SSD drive.

I need to update the firmware to version 02M3 to allow the SSD Optimizer to run.

I am running XP media Center Edition with all the latest patches and upgrades. No other problems with the drive or OS.

Please help.

Thanks!

38 REPLIES 38

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Untamed, yes, it should be for use with the new 120GB Intel SSD's. What is improved or changed in the new firmware remains to be seen, but yes, you would need to do what you described to update your SSD's. From what I know, Intel does not have multiple firmware versions for the various SSD's.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You will need to break them apart to update the firmware, but you should then be able to put them back together again as a working array.

Edit: Whoops, I didn't notice there were two pages on this thread.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I haven't come across Bleach Disk before but other utilities that report to clean SSD's either don't do anything or they make degradation worse, at least on Intel SSD's. I know certain apps that "clean up" free space have been reported to work on other brand SSD's, but for Intel drives I have only heard bad reports.

It would be nice to hear a view from Intel however.

Is it only the SSD Optimizer that does not work? Can you run a manual TRIM?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

redux, did you mean to say the System Configuration Tuner and not the Optimizer. Otherwise, how do you run a manual TRIM?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The "Product Change Notification" was on Intel's WWW site.

Will this new firmware help me? Do you have an interim fix or patch for this problem?

Please help!