cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Latest 02M3 Firmware for X-25-M 80GB

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I get an error from the SSD Optimizer in the Intel SSD Toolbox to update my drive's firmware; the utility will not run. It says I have the old firmware and informs me I need to update (the drive's firmware).

Intel Product Change Notification number 110343-00, dated December 3, 2010, tells me that the current firmware (for this drive) is version 02M3, not the version 02HD as is in the ISO update on the Intel site and is noted at the latest version of the firmware (110902HD88208850.iso).

The Intel SSD Toolbox "View Drive Information" confirms the firmware is version: 2CV102HD.

The disk created from the ISO file also confirms the firmware is version 02HD and will not update the SSD drive.

I need to update the firmware to version 02M3 to allow the SSD Optimizer to run.

I am running XP media Center Edition with all the latest patches and upgrades. No other problems with the drive or OS.

Please help.

Thanks!

38 REPLIES 38

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Which version of the SSD Toolbox are you using?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am using the latest version of Toolbox downloaded a couple of days ago. It is version 2.0.1.000.

All of the Intel software was downloaded from Intel within the last week, as per the insert in the box the drive came in.

The drive version is G11143-100, product code SSDSA2MH080G2K5.

What about Intel e-mailing me the new firmware update so I can have a properly working drive.

Thanks

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Personally, I would try uninstalling 2.0.1 and install version 1.3. The new firmware would be much more of a risk than something like the above. Version 1.3 is pretty well tried and tested.

Whilst trying to find an official 1.3 link, I came across this thread in which someone was also having trouble running TRIM with version 2.x:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1554628 http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1554628

Also, the link contained within (mediafire) has a 'trusted' copy, hashed it against my archive (SHA1: BF1B1BCFFBB820CBBB4E548FB0C0A9072F9E7CD4)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ozz:

I removed the installed version and put in the older version you recommended. No difference, same error regarding the needed firmware update.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Its been a while since I've installed my SSD,but I'm fairly certain Barbara's problem is that Intel's Trim drivers are not installed on her computer.With Windows 7 64bit that would be F6FIPY96x649-6 trim drivers....