cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Latest 02M3 Firmware for X-25-M 80GB

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I get an error from the SSD Optimizer in the Intel SSD Toolbox to update my drive's firmware; the utility will not run. It says I have the old firmware and informs me I need to update (the drive's firmware).

Intel Product Change Notification number 110343-00, dated December 3, 2010, tells me that the current firmware (for this drive) is version 02M3, not the version 02HD as is in the ISO update on the Intel site and is noted at the latest version of the firmware (110902HD88208850.iso).

The Intel SSD Toolbox "View Drive Information" confirms the firmware is version: 2CV102HD.

The disk created from the ISO file also confirms the firmware is version 02HD and will not update the SSD drive.

I need to update the firmware to version 02M3 to allow the SSD Optimizer to run.

I am running XP media Center Edition with all the latest patches and upgrades. No other problems with the drive or OS.

Please help.

Thanks!

38 REPLIES 38

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

First, I am surprised, where did you get this "Intel Product Change Notification number 110343-00, dated December 3, 2010" document or message, or what?

That would have been huge news in the Intel SSD community here in the forum, yet there has been no discussion of it.

A new Firmware, 02M3? None of the Moderators have mentioned this, period. Do you have a G1 or G2 SSD? New firmware for Intel SSD's would have been front page news!

I searched for that product change you provided, but can't find it, although that does not mean it's not there.

If this new firmware exists, it is a Royal, Deluxe, nee-Plus Ultra, fubar-faux pas-snafu on the part of the Moderators, or Intel not informing the Moderators!!

Please provide us with some more information on this Product Change. How or where did you get it? Can you provide a link to it?

What version of the Intel SSD Toolbox do you have?

I ran the optimizer on my Intel 80GB SSD five minutes ago, and I had no problem whatsoever, but that is on Windows 7.

I am baffled by this... are you serious???

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Intel Product Change Notification number 110343-00, dated December 3, 2010

Forecasted Key Milestones: Date Customer Must be Ready to Receive Post-Conversion Material: Jan 03, 2011

Description of Change to the Customer:

Intel is upgrading the firmware for its High Performance Solid-State MLC Drives (X25-M/X18-M) from 02HD to version 02M3. These changes are incremental improvements from previous firmware version. Inventory will transition in the Intel factory on or beyond the above date to replace older firmware version with the new 02M3 firmware.

The changes to the TA and SA numbers are shown in the table below.

Please contact your Field Sales Personnel for Errata Report

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ok... and I reiterate... why no mention of this?

So this is ho-hum, yawn, who cares news?

Why wouldn't this be posted in the SSD discussion area? Ten days after release I hear about this from a random person? (no offense Barbara, that was your first post in the Intel forums. BTW, Thank You!!!)

I searched on the Intel site, and a general Internet search, both nothing. Still can't find it to save my life... product support page, Download Center, keyword search, zip!!

There's a lesson in this for me...

Message was edited by: parsec

Message was edited by: parsec

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Intel moves in mysterious ways…or is it works in mysterious ways, I can't remember.

The Product Change Notification is (I think) intended for Intel channel partners only, not the public, as it gives advanced information.

I only found it via a Google search for "Intel Product Change Notification number 110343-00"

Nothing slips out on this forum ahead of a public announcement, which usually arrives indirectly via the likes of Anandtech