cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 510 250GB SSD... Updates?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

just picked up the intel 510 SSD (250GB) looking to see what i need to do to get running

is there any new firmware out for it, etc that wouldn't come on the drive?

this is my first Intel SSD.. last one I had was OCZ and their forum had a list of tweaks/ options for windows to mess with to speed things up a bit... does the Intel community have the same offering?

Any input on defect rates? Its the only reason why I'm switching brands (too many dieing ssd from ocz)

26 REPLIES 26

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I got the same problem with speed, althoguh I installed my 510 series 250gb (into PCI-Ex16) a ASrock SATA3 card 6GB, it still don't get any speeds higher than if it was connected the drive to a SATA2 port, on my Asus Fomula II motherboard.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Is there a utility to update the 510 series drives to the latest firmware which I believe in PWG4?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,anyone able yet to figure out why Intel ssd 510 250 gb is shown as "unconfigured" during booting ?

It is connected to serial ATA6 gb port1 on an ASUS P8P67 Deluxe revision3

Yet shows performance as 1,5Go only...is this normal ?

I have installed the toolbox,but its of no use whatever,cannot configuer anything with it,

and cannot download latest firmware,

in fact,Intel software support is so complicated and confusing,after downloading a mass of useless Intel nonsense,my ssd 510 is no faster or more responsive than an old generation HDD.

WTF gives ??????

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I also would like to know why we cannot download firmware PWG4, even though it seems to have been around since April.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just got a very helpful reply from Intel support:

Dear

Thank you for your email.

As mentioned in my previous correspondence, a new firmware has not yet been released; nevertheless this does not preclude our production line from manufacturing new products with new firmware that will be released in the near future.

Kind regards

So, in short, they now changed their answer form "there is no" to "there is, you will not get it". Come on people, it's been released to production more than 3 months ago.