cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New In Box Intel X25-M G2 question

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just picked up a brand new Postville drive today. The pack date on the intel box says Sept 30 2009. Is it ok to use this drive right out of the box with Windows7 64 bit ?? I'm aware of the current firmware problems, but was just curious if I could start using it as is (with whatever firmware is on it) until the latest firmware is fixed/released.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just installed Win7 x64 on an X-25M G2 160GB drive made in Sep 2009 with a FW code of 02G9. The drive was a replacement for one in my laptop and I performed a clean install onto the X-25M. I've been using it for two days no with no issues.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Would the firmware code for my drive be listed on the box... how could I check this ??

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It's on the label on the drive, probably top right corner. It will simply state: "FW:XXXX" Be careful handling the drive, you don't want any static discharge by handling. You should be able to look through the anti-static bag to see the FW revision.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks so much... mine says 02G9 also. So I should be ok installing this in a new pc with a fresh install of Windows7 x64 ???