cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Intel 750 owner questions.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just got my new Intel 750 PCIE 400GB SSD. And I just had a few questions about it. Performance is fine. However I've noticed a few quirks. First being when ever I plug in a USB drive into my PC the Intel SSD Toobox will report it as another Intel 750 SSD. My second question. Is it normal for me not to be able to install Intel RST? when using an NVME drive. I keep getting a "platform not supported error".

My system specs are

Asus Sabertooth X99

Intel Core i7 5930k

16 GBS of DDR4 RAM @ 2666mhz Corsair

EVGA GTX 980

Corsair RM750X PSU

Intel 750 400GB AIC

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I am also going to submit screenshot of what I see in the SSD Toolbox

11 REPLIES 11

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Xander123,

We were checking on this situation and we realized, as per the screenshot, you have the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox version 3.3.3. Could you please try the latest version 3.3.4, which can be downloaded from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18455/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Download Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox

Please let us know if the situation is fixed with the latest version.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Still showing USB drives as another Intel 750 even on 3.3.4. I am not having any stability issues so I am thinking its just a bug with either the program or Windows 10.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

So if it helps you guys figure out the issue. Here is a screen shot of my SSD Toolbox when I uninstall the NVME driver. It actually reports USBs correctly. But as soon as I reinstall the NVME drivers it starts reporting all USB drives as Intel SSDs

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just providing another update... I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and the bug persisted.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Xander123,

We would like to do a test here in our lab, we will keep you informed, in case we duplicate this situation we will escalate the situation in order to get this resolved.