cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SSD Toolbox is a winner!!!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just installed the intel matrix storage manager and then the ssd toolbox. Took 45 minutes to optimize my ssd but well worth it, I don't think windows 7 was trimming anything even with the proper firmware and using the microsoft ahci drivers. My boot time went from 15 seconds down to 10. Everything just seems to be even faster and smoother. Kinda like disk defragmenter for SSD's. Great job intel. Nice fix. Since you only have to run it once a week, forget using the windows 7 built in trim. The matrix storage manager drivers are WAY better and really how much trouble is it to click the button once a week to run the toolbox.

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am (still) with Ziggy on this one. It may not fill the entrie free space if you dont use (or have very few) restore points, but why take chances or change a running thing? 1.1 works just fine and its proven to TRIM the drive (tested it myself by filling the drive and benchmark it). I'll just keep on using 1.1 until Intel finally comes around with a IMSM that lets TRIM through to the SSD...