cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New firmware release... Today? When?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The end of the month is here and now the community want their new firmware!

I want some reliable info about the release. No false statements!! Is It coming today? Or?

I believe this question is asked over and over again, but I ask It again anyway

44 REPLIES 44

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Man, they sure want to get people upset. I'm hoping we'll get something tonight. If you noticed 2/3 Announcements were placed in the evening before 9pm. So we might get some sort of information before then (I'm guessing that's pacific time).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

At this rate, I think europeans will see the new firmware before anyone else

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Surely Intel navigate to these threads regularly? Wouldnt you think someone would have the decency to at least let us all know what is happening, and whether we are or we arent getting it by the end of this month as announced? You know, ive only had my X25 G2 about 2 weeks, and I honestly feel like sending the damn thing back now, and getting a Vertex......Intel's customer service is atrocious.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

What time is it on Mars? Maybe they mean Martian time.

Me thinks they are kind of shaky releasing another firmware update...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Me thinks you are right. I'll bet my whole paycheck they will not release it. I know one thing, I will not update my firmware unless, they have added some type of "garbage collection" feature which is OS agnostic.

People will be upset tomorrow, but wait til they release the update and then find out that the update did not cure all ALL the problems. I can see the fury coming. I've always said and will continue to say that it depends on HW setup. The fact is TRIM implementation in Win 7 and the TRIM implementation by SSD vendors is "beta". All one has to do is go to the OCZ forums and they will see that people are complaining also.

The next thing people will fall prey to is benchmarking their SSDs to the grave.