Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

New firmware release... Today? When?

The end of the month is here and now the community want their new firmware!

I want some reliable info about the release. No false statements!! Is It coming today? Or?

I believe this question is asked over and over again, but I ask It again anyway

44 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Today is exactly the end of the month, according to their resources should be today then. I really hope so though, we've been waiting enough already.

idata
Community Manager

I am not highly confident about today release but their day ends at 9 of tomorrow, for european like us

idata
Community Manager

Hej!

Intel is located in California, so the firmware might actually be released at the morning of December 1st (from our European point of view).

If there isn't anything available tomorrow, there's still gonna be enough time to rant, right? :-)

Hälsningar..

idata
Community Manager

You could also say that, given the fact that at the moment it's still very early in the morning in California, there is still a chance that the update will appear later today. The time difference is 9 hours as compared to where I live (The Netherlands).

idata
Community Manager

Yeah, you can bet your bottom Dollar that Intel will release the Firmware at COB California time!!!

Meaning the majority of us will be fast asleep when it appears on the site!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

idata
Community Manager

Maybe that will appear to be a good thing for the European users, because the Americans will be the ones to do the testing for us. When we awake tomorrow morning we can look at the results of their testings ;-)

idata
Community Manager

Has anyone at Intel actually confirmed that they weere going to release it by the end of this month?

idata
Community Manager

Take a look at the announcement at the top of this forum.

idata
Community Manager

WHERE????!!!!! everyone says about this thing, yet the ony thing i can ever see is the Latina america community is live.

idata
Community Manager

Its on the main SSD forum page (before you click on any of the discussions.). On this page, click on top where it says "discussions" that will take you to the main SSD forum page. Then look at the top for "Announcements" and expand to read more.

idata
Community Manager

AH i get ya! i never go in that way! thats why i never see it, and i thought that it was simply that the commu didnt like me

idata
Community Manager

I don`t believe in Intel, I`m not sure they`ll release the firmware today.

If yes I`ll be happy with you guys.

idata
Community Manager

Maybe they expected to release the new firmware by end of month, but they first wanted us to post a thread like this so they could have a good laugh while making us wait. California time, European time, or Martian time, I have successfully installed the firmware so I don't care.

idata
Community Manager

Well it's 3.15pm in California right now, and still no sign of the firmware

Had hoped to flash it tonight, but it's rapidly approaching bedtime so it looks like I'll have to wait 24 hours now - how frustrating!

Well, at least as has been said, this gives the rest of the world a chance to try it out before us europeans risk it.

They must be running some last minute checks or awaiting someones signature or something......

idata
Community Manager

Man, they sure want to get people upset. I'm hoping we'll get something tonight. If you noticed 2/3 Announcements were placed in the evening before 9pm. So we might get some sort of information before then (I'm guessing that's pacific time).

idata
Community Manager

At this rate, I think europeans will see the new firmware before anyone else

idata
Community Manager

Surely Intel navigate to these threads regularly? Wouldnt you think someone would have the decency to at least let us all know what is happening, and whether we are or we arent getting it by the end of this month as announced? You know, ive only had my X25 G2 about 2 weeks, and I honestly feel like sending the damn thing back now, and getting a Vertex......Intel's customer service is atrocious.

idata
Community Manager

What time is it on Mars? Maybe they mean Martian time.

Me thinks they are kind of shaky releasing another firmware update...

idata
Community Manager

Me thinks you are right. I'll bet my whole paycheck they will not release it. I know one thing, I will not update my firmware unless, they have added some type of "garbage collection" feature which is OS agnostic.

People will be upset tomorrow, but wait til they release the update and then find out that the update did not cure all ALL the problems. I can see the fury coming. I've always said and will continue to say that it depends on HW setup. The fact is TRIM implementation in Win 7 and the TRIM implementation by SSD vendors is "beta". All one has to do is go to the OCZ forums and they will see that people are complaining also.

The next thing people will fall prey to is benchmarking their SSDs to the grave.

idata
Community Manager

I've been monitoring this site for the past two weeks, waiting for the firmware update tool to reappear. This is my first post and the only thing I can say is how disappointed I am with Intel. I spent a premium on this new X-25 G2 so I could get the TRIM firmware update. Now that Intel has withdrawn it, I'm seriously considering sending it back to exchange it for the new Kingston SSDNow V Series Boot Drive that Anand Shimpi wrote about in the last issue of CPU Mag. Same controller as the Intel, but only $129 for the 40GB model. Anand has done the research and knows more about SSD's than anyone at this point. If he likes the new Kingston SSD, I'm willing to give it a try. For the price I paid for this X-25, I can buy four of them!