The end of the month is here and now the community want their new firmware!
I want some reliable info about the release. No false statements!! Is It coming today? Or?
I believe this question is asked over and over again, but I ask It again anyway
Intel is located in California, so the firmware might actually be released at the morning of December 1st (from our European point of view).
If there isn't anything available tomorrow, there's still gonna be enough time to rant, right? :-)
You could also say that, given the fact that at the moment it's still very early in the morning in California, there is still a chance that the update will appear later today. The time difference is 9 hours as compared to where I live (The Netherlands).
Yeah, you can bet your bottom Dollar that Intel will release the Firmware at COB California time!!!
Meaning the majority of us will be fast asleep when it appears on the site!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Maybe that will appear to be a good thing for the European users, because the Americans will be the ones to do the testing for us. When we awake tomorrow morning we can look at the results of their testings ;-)
Its on the main SSD forum page (before you click on any of the discussions.). On this page, click on top where it says "discussions" that will take you to the main SSD forum page. Then look at the top for "Announcements" and expand to read more.
Maybe they expected to release the new firmware by end of month, but they first wanted us to post a thread like this so they could have a good laugh while making us wait. California time, European time, or Martian time, I have successfully installed the firmware so I don't care.
Well it's 3.15pm in California right now, and still no sign of the firmware
Had hoped to flash it tonight, but it's rapidly approaching bedtime so it looks like I'll have to wait 24 hours now - how frustrating!
Well, at least as has been said, this gives the rest of the world a chance to try it out before us europeans risk it.
They must be running some last minute checks or awaiting someones signature or something......
Man, they sure want to get people upset. I'm hoping we'll get something tonight. If you noticed 2/3 Announcements were placed in the evening before 9pm. So we might get some sort of information before then (I'm guessing that's pacific time).
Surely Intel navigate to these threads regularly? Wouldnt you think someone would have the decency to at least let us all know what is happening, and whether we are or we arent getting it by the end of this month as announced? You know, ive only had my X25 G2 about 2 weeks, and I honestly feel like sending the damn thing back now, and getting a Vertex......Intel's customer service is atrocious.
Me thinks you are right. I'll bet my whole paycheck they will not release it. I know one thing, I will not update my firmware unless, they have added some type of "garbage collection" feature which is OS agnostic.
People will be upset tomorrow, but wait til they release the update and then find out that the update did not cure all ALL the problems. I can see the fury coming. I've always said and will continue to say that it depends on HW setup. The fact is TRIM implementation in Win 7 and the TRIM implementation by SSD vendors is "beta". All one has to do is go to the OCZ forums and they will see that people are complaining also.
The next thing people will fall prey to is benchmarking their SSDs to the grave.
I've been monitoring this site for the past two weeks, waiting for the firmware update tool to reappear. This is my first post and the only thing I can say is how disappointed I am with Intel. I spent a premium on this new X-25 G2 so I could get the TRIM firmware update. Now that Intel has withdrawn it, I'm seriously considering sending it back to exchange it for the new Kingston SSDNow V Series Boot Drive that Anand Shimpi wrote about in the last issue of CPU Mag. Same controller as the Intel, but only $129 for the 40GB model. Anand has done the research and knows more about SSD's than anyone at this point. If he likes the new Kingston SSD, I'm willing to give it a try. For the price I paid for this X-25, I can buy four of them!