cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly installed SSD 310 not recognised

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I have just purchased a new SSD 310 80 gb drive, to speed up boot and programme access times on my Shuttle SX38P2 Pro. Disc would appear to be correctly fitted, I have downloaded the firmware iso, burnt it, booted to it, but the new SSD is not recognised

Where to start? !

Thanks

Jeremy Poynton

13 REPLIES 13

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I shuold have added - am running Windows 7 64 bit. Fully up to date.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

To fill out the details, you currently have an OS on a HDD.... then connnected this SSD? OR are you attempting to install an OS on this SSD?

If it is the latter, you need format and assign the drive first.

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

Existing machine, with the OS (W7 64) on a hard drive. Wanted to shift this to the SSD, to speed up

boot and program execution time. Machine is a Shuttle SP38P2 Pro, Shuttle FX38 mobo with the

Intel X38 rev 01 chipset. Bios up to date. So it's a first time installation, and I am trying to load the

firmware, to no avail as the firmware install program does not find the SSD. Bios set to use this slot as PCI-e (as

opposed to USB)

Thanks for the reply. Am talking to Intel and awaiting a response. This is the only machine in the

house with a mini Pci-e slot, so I cannot test it on another machine. Annoying - it's £120 worth

of hardware (tho' I am sure I could resell it).

As ever there are conflicting stories according to who you talk to. Shuttle say they have never tried

to use an SSD, but Google shows that there are users of this same model using them, tho' not

this make or model. It's a lovely machine, and pretty zippy, but this would boost it hugely.

the 310 is msata, not mini pci-e. the connectors are physically the same but different electrically.