cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Win 7 64 after DX58SO2 bios upgrade

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just update my Motherboar DX58SO2 BIOS to the July 1st, 2011 bios: SOX5820J.86A (0817).

After update, I can not load the Win7 64, even from original Win7 64 DVD....

I have a SSD OCZ Technology 240 GB RevoDrive Series PCI-Express x4 Solid State Drive (SSD) OCZSSDPX-1RVD0240 as System SSD.

I have an RAID 10 (4x1,5 TB) as data disks (That the reason to upgrade the BIOS, so the 10.6 Raid ROM controller will be loaded on motherboard)

I degraded to previos BIOS and all is working normal.... (except I´m having problem with the RAID that some time it rebuilt when restart)

Any suggestion?

thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

NBelfort wrote:

I just update my Motherboar DX58SO2 BIOS to the July 1st, 2011 bios: SOX5820J.86A (0817).

After update, I can not load the Win7 64, even from original Win7 64 DVD....

I have a SSD OCZ Technology 240 GB RevoDrive Series PCI-Express x4 Solid State Drive (SSD) OCZSSDPX-1RVD0240 as System SSD.

I have an RAID 10 (4x1,5 TB) as data disks (That the reason to upgrade the BIOS, so the 10.6 Raid ROM controller will be loaded on motherboard)

I degraded to previos BIOS and all is working normal.... (except I´m having problem with the RAID that some time it rebuilt when restart)

Any suggestion?

thanks in advance.

After upgrading my bios to the latest for that mobo, I also got blue screens galore, and crashes with my SSDs. I replaced them with HDDs and got the same, and then I remembered the bios upgrade, so I put it back to the original bios that came with the mobo, and all the crashes and blue screens went away.

So, don't upgrade your bios unless you need to - despite the improvements claimed for the latest one, it obviously has some problems!

Bob Frost

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

there is a "new" Bios update (0876) and still the same problem.

I want to upgrade de RAID at the Bios controler.

Any suggention from Intel?