cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No drivers for Intel 660p 512 GB NVMe on Windows 7?!?!

BBjel
New Contributor

Hello,

Today I just bought new Intel 660p 512 GB M.2 NVMe SSD, but my Windows 7 64bit cant recognize it?. My motherboard fully supports new NVMe (Gigabyte z370p d3).

I have been looking for 5 hours straight, for drivers, or fixes and i found none, i downloaded at least 4-5 different (Intel and other) programs for driver update etc, and still i got none. On my device manager it says PCI Device unknown. Yet in BIOS i can fully see my new SSD which means it works, and PC reads it.

Is it really true that Windows 7 don't support NVMe SSD? Is there really no drivers for it? Can you please help, as i don't want to upgrade to Win 10 at this point.

Is there any fix or drivers that would make my Windows 7 recognize NVMe SSD?

Please help.

9 REPLIES 9

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Pistolero,

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support. We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case? Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought. We will be looking forward to your reply.Best regards,Josh B.Intel® Customer Support TechnicianUnder Contract to Intel Corporation

BBjel
New Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your assistance, but i fixed the problem by instaling Windows 10 on my PC, even tho i really dont like them, its much easier when Windows have integrated drivers for NVMe drivers.

I would highly recommend that company makes some easier drivers to instal NVMe SSD on Windows 7 for future refrence. As i do believe that many people have this problem (not many of us like Windows 10).

Thank you for all your help and information.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Pistolero,

Thank you for your reply. We are glad to hear that you were able to solve the issue you were experiencing. We will provide your feedback to the department in charge of the development of drivers. Best regards,Josh B.Intel® Customer Support TechnicianUnder Contract to Intel Corporation

AlHill
Contributor II

Link to Microsoft KB already provided in post # 4.

Doc