cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mg1
Beginner

No more Intel products for me.

Hi.

I've recently contacted Intel Support for my INTEL 540s ssd , which has slow write performance both on my pc and laptop.

Support told me to format the ssd and try it to another pc (Case # : 03504480), which I did and then I had no response for about a week. Support left me with a formatted ssd , I had to borrow my brother's laptop to work!!!

I contacted support again and was told that my issue was being forwarded to L2 support. That was 2 weeks ago !!! I don't have any news till then.

I have never seen such a poor support in my life.

So , I guess, I made the mistake to spent my money to buy a product that doesn't meet the advertised capabilities and have no support for that.

Won't do the same mistake again.

Samsung ssd all the way.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello mathewgx1,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

We appreciate that you took the time to bring this to our attention and for sharing your feedback.

We will be providing these inputs directly to the team who handled your case

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support
mg1
Beginner

What's the point of that ?

I already contacted support team before 2 days , complaining about not hearing from them and they didn't respond back.

Would you be satisfied with this kind of support ?

AlHill
Super User

mathewgx1, the point is that this has been escalated and the Intel support engineers are trying to assist you. You can help by calming down, and being more cooperative. It is obvious that you are not satisfied, that is why this has been escalated.

Relax, and give the support team a chance to make things right for you.

Doc

mg1
Beginner

It's been 6days now and no response from support. Again !!! And you tell me to relax!!!

Worst experience I've ever had... Anyway,

Did myself a favour and bought a Samsung 860 evo ssd.

For anyone interested , here are the results :

1) Windows 10 , Dell 3542 laptop

Samsung 860 evo : read 563. write 533. (samsung1.png)

Intel 540s : read 562 , write 195 (intel1.png)

2) High Sierra , MacBook Pro

Samsung 860 evo : read 520 , write 491 (samsung2.png)

Intel 540s : read 490 , write 60 (!!!) (intel2.png)

AlHill
Super User

Well, as long as you are happy.

Doc

mg1
Beginner

I have a problem with the support I'm getting for a product I bought and you're being sarcastic?

Why?

AlHill
Super User

You should have had the proper support. The problem has been escalated. What you are unaware of is that it was a 3-day holiday weekend here in the US. So, while you should have the proper support, you also need to be patient.

And, if you are happy with the samsung, great.

Doc

mg1
Beginner

It's been a month since I contacted support.

AlHill
Super User

Yes, but only 6 days since you contacted this community support forum. Two different groups. I initiated the escalation for you, and people are working on it.

You come to this forum with an attitude and do not respect the fact that we are trying to help. You need to sit back and understand that not everything goes according to plan.

So, show some respect, change your attitude, and your issue will be addressed.

Doc

mg1
Beginner

So...

I was relaxing as suggested and Intel support send me this answer "The maximum sustained write speed of Intel SSD 540s 120GB is 70MB/s".

I was right all from the beginning.

No more Intel Products for me.

idata
Community Manager

Hi mathewgx1,

We got in touch with the EMEA support team (which is who handled your original case) and understand that the they are now following up on your case and are now in touch with you; we'll proceed to close this thread so you can continue to handle your questions via that support team.

Regards,

Diego V.
mg1
Beginner

Close it , delete it. Do whatever you want. My problem was not solved and I feel fooled.

I'm now using my Samsung ssd , money well spent.