cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noob questions about TRIM support for the X25M

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

So I have Win 7 64 bit installed on a x25M 80G SSD with the 02HD firmware.

(not raid) and 2 Samsung media drives in RAID0.

Im pretty sure my SSD is using Intel drivers. Is there a way to have TRIM support using the intel drivers?

Or do I have to wipe my drive clean start over using the MS drivers to get TRIM support?

I downloaded the newest toolbox and it said the SSD drive was supported with this toolbox.

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If you are using the latest Intel drivers 9.6.0.1014 RST, then as I understand it, you should have trim support for your SSD.

Regards

jj

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

OK I found the drivers in the chipset section. It looks like since my storage controller is in Raid Mode the only way to update to the new drivers is to do it before installing the OS on the drive. Is this correct?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If your referring to the popup that offers to show you the method to set your raid to native mode when

you uninstall the Intel Rapid Storage driver suite, you can just ignore it. Just click no.

Restart and install the new rev Intel files asap, then restart again.

So, you say the 1.3 Intel toolbox shows it will support your SSD even in raid pass thru mode. Good.

After you have installed your new IRST drivers check to see if the Intel app starts in the tray after boot up. ( no yellow bang )

If you see the bang you can start the app via the tray icon, the full window will open and the yellow bang will change asap.

I imagine Intel is fixing this problem soon.

Hope this helps.

Tex.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Im just trying to find out if the data on my SSD drive will get erased when updating to these new drivers.