cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to start the SSD ToolBox

JPete14
New Contributor

I'm having difficulty starting the SSD Toolbox. I have a intel 530 SSD windows 8 pro and a ASUS p6x58d-e. Each time I start the application I get the BSOD Interrupt_Exception_Not_Handled.

Any assistance would be very helpful.

7 REPLIES 7

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello Johnathon, please indicate the SATA controller used with the Intel® SSD 530 and if this is the operating system drive.

Thanks so much for the quick response.

I'm currently using the Marvell® PCIe 9128 controller and this is the operating system drive

Intel® ICH10R controller :

6 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), blue

Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10

Marvell® PCIe 9128 controller : *1

2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

We will take a look into this issue. Would you be able to try with the Intel® SSD connected to the Intel® SATA controller just as a test and provide the results? Please note that Windows* loads such driver during installation and therefore it is usually recommended to reinstall the operating system for this purpose.

Then, you can move it back to the Marvell* controller again and use an older version of Intel® SSD Toolbox in the meantime. I will send you a private message with a temporary download link.

Unfortunately when I connect to the Intel® ICH10R controller I get a BSOD but the screen flashes too quickly for me to get the message. I think however the reason for the BSOD is that the OS is installed with drivers that relate to some features that are on the Marvell® PCIe 9128 controller. I would have to reinstall the OS to connect it to the intel controller.