cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to start the SSD ToolBox

JPete14
New Contributor

I'm having difficulty starting the SSD Toolbox. I have a intel 530 SSD windows 8 pro and a ASUS p6x58d-e. Each time I start the application I get the BSOD Interrupt_Exception_Not_Handled.

Any assistance would be very helpful.

7 REPLIES 7

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

That is correct, I tried to explain that above.

I've reinstalled the OS using the Intel® ICH10R controller with the ssd and this works.

Unfortunately this isn't ideal as it's just a 3GB port as apposed to the 6GB port and I run multiple local Virtual machines for development purposes. But I guess a stable environment is better than a non stable one.

Btw the old version of the SSD toolbox still raised the same BSOD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The Marvell SATA controller and the Marvell driver are notorious for their instability and poor performance. It certainly has lower performance than an Intel SATA 6Gb/s chipset, and most users of X58 boards (like myself) prefer the Intel ICH10R to the Marvell chipset, particularly when used with an OS drive. The only aspect of performance that the Marvell chipset will be superior to the Intel ICH10R is the sequential read speed, which will be ~400MB/s on the Marvell chipset.

I use the Marvell chipset only when desperate for another SATA connection for a data drive. I have my OS drive on the ICH10R on my X58 board, and it works perfectly.