cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not working Turbo boost with SSD 25X-80 g2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

MB ASROCK P55 Pro, i7-860, ssd 25x-80 g2 (02HD), Win7-64. If i connect ssd, then Turbo boost not working. Why?

11 REPLIES 11

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If win7 boot from hdd and my ssd not connected - TB working. If win7 boot from hdd and my ssd connected - TB not working. If win7 boot from my ssd - TB not working.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Silly question probably but you are running the latest bios for that board correct? I found an obscure reference on the web that someone else was having the same problem with a regular HDD and updating the bios fixed it. Other than that I am out of ideas. Hope you get it figured out.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

<!--  /* Style Definitions */  p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:2.0cm 42.5pt 2.0cm 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

I guess 6600 means boot, but not boost?

<!--  /* Style Definitions */  p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:2.0cm 42.5pt 2.0cm 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

I see in my computer dx58 Turbo boost concern to processor. Try to turn off turbo boost.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

What they are saying is that READYBOOST should NOT be used on an SSD. All that constant reading and writing would wear out the drive in about a year.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have sent the email to techsupport Asrock and to me have answered:

Dear Sir, Thank you for contacting ASRock. Please kindly understand that the archtecture between SSD and regular HDD are different.The symptom you saw is for your to have the best system performance.We also tested MB from other brands such as ASUS and Gigabyte, the results are the same. If there is any update of this case, we would update to you asap. Thank you for your feedback and have a nice day. Your Sincerely,ASRock TSD

I have sent the email to techsupport Asrock and to me have answered:

Dear Sir,Thank you for contacting ASRock.Please kindly understand that the archtecture between SSD and regular HDD are different.The symptom you saw is for your to have the best system performance.We also tested MB from other brands such as ASUS and Gigabyte, the results are the same.If there is any update of this case, we would update to you asap.Thank you for your feedback and have a nice day.Your Sincerely,ASRock TSD