Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Optane Gigabyte Z270M-D3P

JTims1
Novice

I have tried all the settings, and even made the custom win 10 iso . The setup i follow, The bios are set right according to everything i have read. So i boot to my usb and install windows, then when it reboots the computer Nothing. It just goes back into the bios. If i turn off the Optane in the bios, and boot to ahci then the windows boot partition works and i can continue installing windows. Then when i get to the desktop, and install the software it reboots, changes my setting in the bios back to Intel Rst Premium with intel optane acceleration, and im stuck at where i was before, nothing, boot loop back into bios cause it wont boot the windows partition. If i turn off again it then boots into safe mode and i see the intel optane pop up on the screen so fast and then i dont get to do anything, computer restarts. So i dont know what it is. I have tried everything and older windows versions. my hardware is fine and i just have the 2 drives installed. windows and the bios see the hardware. so it is a bios issue or intel optane drivers/installer.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup ,

We understand your situation regarding the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

In order to better understand your situation, could you please provide the following information:

*Could you please attach a screenshot of disk management?

*Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Intel® System Support Utility. Run the scan selecting "Everything." Save this report and upload.

To enable attachments, make sure to select the option to "use advanced editor" while replying.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

Hi here is a screen shot without the drive, i pulled it last night, i spent days and days with it. it would show up here it worked. Just it would just disapeer in the bios everytime i turned on the optane exceleration, I could boot to my windows usb, and it would see my sata drive, i loaded the drivers from your website to see if that would do anything, i built custom iso, following the video. "would of been nice if there was COPYABLE text with the video or below it." too much to type. i tried 2 different windows iso spring and fall updates, i have re-installed and formated and changed bios settings so many times, i lost count. I have 30 plus years of experience and this just kills me, i have allways solved on my own, the problem. I am returning it soon, its the bios most likely.

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

I will re-install the optane and take a screen shot, how do i use "advanced editor:" i dont see the setting/area.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup ,

Thanks for the reply.

The option for "advanced editor" is available on the community website when you are trying to upload files.

In case you have the same situation we recommend you to follow the next steps:

1- open the windows run box Windows* key+R

2- type: msconfig

3- Go to the boot tab and check the option that says safe boot and restart.

4- Go to BIos and under the BIOS option check the following configuration:

-Windows 8/10 Features: Windows 8/10 WHQL 

-CSM Support Disabled

5-Go to the peripherals and check the following configuration:

-SATA Mode Selection : "Intel RST Premium with Intel(R) Optane(TM) system acceleration".  

-Use RST Legacy OROM: disabled.

-PCIe Storage Dev On Port # (the port number where Optane(TM) is connected): RST Controlled.

6-Press F10 to save and apply the changes.

7-Automatic repair may show up and it is expected.

8-Acess msconfig and uncheck the safe boot option restart

the system and try to enable Optane(TM).

If you get an error code while enabling it, please attach a screenshot of it.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

I've done this a lot, after I enable octane in bios, the drive that Windows is on, won't boot. Just keeps going back into the bios, won't boot to that drive, only a usb drive I can boot to.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please provide us with the following information:

*Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Intel® System Support Utility. Run the scan selecting "Everything." Save this report and upload.

*Could you please let us know the exact ports where the SSDs and the Optane(TM) are connected?

*Could you please provide the brand and model of the SSD?

Please reset the BIOS to default settings and follow the steps suggested in the order we provided them. Otherwise, the same steps may not work.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

Here are the files, i shot video of the process, and will upload to youtube in a bit. Still Does not work!

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup,

Thanks for the information provided.

In order to further assist you, could you please confirm in which port are the HDD and the Optane(TM) connected to your motherboard.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

Well that would be Port 1 Page 14 of the Manual.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup,

Thanks for the information provided.

Could you please provide us with the Optane(TM) software logs, you can locate them here:

C:\Users\[your user name]\Intel\Logs

Also, please let us know if you already tried to perform the process with a fresh installation of Windows(R)10.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

heres the logs, i just re installed windows again because of this guy here. still did not work.

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

Oh no, i have only installed windows like 20 times, read my posts.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup ,

Thanks for the information.

We would further investigate this with our additional resources. We will keep you posted with any updates.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup ,

We've seen reports over the internet of customers experiencing similar issues with F6 Bios version on those boards (Z270) related to Optane(TM), we recommend you to contact https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Gigabyte* to get more info about this.

Please check your private messages.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

Did you bother reading those articles? its about XMP wich is associated to RAM. I dont have any of the problems those people have, Those posts are from May and July. I bought QVL Verified ram, cause i allways do, and i have no problems. You need to Contact Gigabyte, who am i just a customer, you are INTEL . You made the Product and Boasted about it allover YouTube and other media, and it is Yours and the Board Partners time to get this in Order. Dont Pass the Buck, Finish what you started.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup,

Thanks for the reply.

We would investigate this with our additional resources. We will keep you posted with any updates.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup ,

Could you please try the following steps:

1. Insert OS USB.

2. Please keep Only the SATA Boot drive connected to the board.

3. Power on and Go to BIos and under the BIOS option check the following configuration:

- First select optimized settings, save and then make the following changes

-Windows 8/10 Features: Windows 8/10 WHQL

-CSM Support Disabled

3. Go to the peripherals and check the following configuration:

-SATA Mode Selection : "Intel RST Premium with Intel(R) Optane(TM) system acceleration".

-Use RST Legacy OROM: disabled.

-PCIe Storage Dev On Port # (the port number where Optane(TM) is connected): RST Controlled.

4. Press F10 to save and apply the changes.

5. After reboot, make sure to select the right UEFI OS Boot image from the USB, if available: https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/3698

6. Install the OS....if during the OS installation process the system starts to just loop back into the BIOS and not complete the OS installation, this is definitely a BIOS issue and you should talk to Gigabyte*. If they wish to try they could try the same process as above with the F5 BIOS installed (if it will allow to downgrade: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z270M-D3P-rev-10# support-dl)

7. If the OS installation completes, the system should be shutdown, Optane(TM) Module attached, boot into the BIOS, go to the Rapid Storage Technology section, select the Reset to Non-Optane.

8. Within the BIOS also confirm the settings are accurate per Step B-2 here: https://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/454/intel-optane-ready.html

8. Go into OS and download the latest Optane(TM) Memory driver package https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27148/Intel-Optane-Memory?v=t

9. Reboot when complete

Make sure to note that the Optane(TM) Module will disappear from Windows as it is now hidden. But should be seen in the Rapid Storage Technology section of the BIOS

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Please let us know if that worked.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

are you serious? did you bother reading what has been going on? I have done that and many other ways about 30 times. The Board has a Bios issue. and it would be nice if INTEL would put in a word with Gigabyte and get this fixed. This is how i Temporarily fixed it, I spent $416 on a 8700K and another $180 on a Asrock z370 motherboard, Put my hard drive and Optane in and... It worked right away, no problems, same wd black drive and Optane stick and ram. So I am not the One who has a problem makeing this, work. Talk to gigabyte and have them fix it.

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice
0 Kudos