Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Optane Gigabyte Z270M-D3P

JTims1
Novice

I have tried all the settings, and even made the custom win 10 iso . The setup i follow, The bios are set right according to everything i have read. So i boot to my usb and install windows, then when it reboots the computer Nothing. It just goes back into the bios. If i turn off the Optane in the bios, and boot to ahci then the windows boot partition works and i can continue installing windows. Then when i get to the desktop, and install the software it reboots, changes my setting in the bios back to Intel Rst Premium with intel optane acceleration, and im stuck at where i was before, nothing, boot loop back into bios cause it wont boot the windows partition. If i turn off again it then boots into safe mode and i see the intel optane pop up on the screen so fast and then i dont get to do anything, computer restarts. So i dont know what it is. I have tried everything and older windows versions. my hardware is fine and i just have the 2 drives installed. windows and the bios see the hardware. so it is a bios issue or intel optane drivers/installer.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup ,

Thanks for the feedback and the video provided. We will pass this information over to our additional resources.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

here is Gigabyte info/email from there customer support. They say dont turn on rst. well when i enable intel optane that is rst. I have tried 30 different ways and built custom iso and used plain iso and different builds of windows. I have over 30 years of advanced computer experience, Been useing thunderbolt on PC since the begining. I went and bought and built a whole new system just to see if there was something wrong. well the asrock system works and no problems with the install. If i am to test the Gigabyte system any further i will have to buy Another Optane drive, im not gonna pull it from the Working Asrock System.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup ,

Thanks for the information provided.

Could you please let us know the exact steps you followed in order to enable the Optane(TM) in the Asrock* motherboard?

We will be waiting for your response in order to further investigate this situation.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup ,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

Yes i will, i have been busy. i will try to get to it in the next few days.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup ,

Thanks for the update.

We will be waiting for the information.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TekSoup ,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. Have you been able to get the steps you followed in order to enable the Optane(R) on the new motherboard?

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos