cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizer scheduler stopped working (since Win 8?)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

520 120gb, ACHI on a P5W DH deluxe running at SATA 2.

Installed Windows 8, the scheduler does not work anymore.

Also - is there a problem with Intel forums, as I haven't been able to post message since late December. Until now (Feb)

Also a warning from Microsoft appears about the certification of the website?

Please investigate thanks

10 REPLIES 10

KenF_Intel
Contributor

Hi Shuffle7,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Toolbox? If that doesn't work then I suggest you try our Customer Support folks. You can find contact information at http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

I'm not aware of any long standing issues with customers not being able to post to the forums. I don't receive any errors about the certificate. Customer Support might be able to help with that also.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Ken the problem with the forum is that when I clicked on 'Reply' nothing happened, it seems ok now.

Thanks for your response,

I have uninstalled the Toolbox 3.12, reinstalled, but I cannot get the Optimizer scheduler to work. It does not run when I set a schedule.

Do you think I should install the IRST driver from Intel? I did have this installed prior to Window 8.. (and scheduler worked) but it was an old version of IRST - as when I try and install the latest driver however it says my PC is out of date!!

RMill22
New Contributor

I have the same problem - optimizer run scheduled by the SSD toolbox doesn't get added to the task scheduler in Windows 8. I'm running Toolbox 3.1.2, and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Shuffle7,

How's it going with this? I can't recreate it.

Did you upgrade from Win 7 to Win 8 or was it a fresh install (or did your system come with Win 8)?

You could try running the Toolbox as Administrator.

Rob,

Kind of the same questions.

Did you upgrade from Win 7 to Win 8 or was it a fresh install (or did your system come with Win 8)?

You could try running the Toolbox as Administrator.