cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3600 can't switch LBAF after update firmware

Mac
New Contributor II

I have a P3600 SSD firmware updated from 8DV1MD32 and to 8DV1ND38. After firmware updated to this version, it can't switch LBAF by using Linux nvme format command and it stuck on LBAF4. How can I solve this problem? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mac
New Contributor II

Hi Santiago,

Thank you for the reply, I just ask this problem in Lenovo's forum. This thread can be closed.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III
Hi Mac, Thank you for your kind reply and the information provided along. Based on our analysis of your SSU’s and S.M.A.R.T. files, we have found no hardware issues with your drive. Regarding your inquiry, we advise you to get in contact with the OEM; therefore, we kindly ask you to refer the Firmware issue, directly to Lenovo/IBM. Might you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at once. We are looking forward for your reply. Best regards, Santiago A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Mac
New Contributor II

I bought this SSD from China internet auction site and use in Taiwan.

I don't know which OEM to contact. Thanks!

Hi Mac,

Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD Support.

According with the information you provided on SSUs and S.M.A.R.T.S., your Intel® drive is an OEM product from LENOVO*; therefore, we kindly ask you to refer the Firmware issue, directly to Lenovo*/IBM*.

Intel® provides generic versions of hardware, software and drivers; OEM's may have altered features, or incorporated customizations, or other changes, such as custom Firmware.

In this case, if you are experiencing issues with, or have questions about your computer system, the system manufacturer is the best source of support.

Please let us know if you might need further assistance after contacting OEM.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards;

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Mac
New Contributor II

Hi Santiago,

Thank you for the reply, I just ask this problem in Lenovo's forum. This thread can be closed.

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III
Hi Mac, Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD Support. This a friendly reminder your case remains open, awaiting for your reply. Please let us know if you might need further assistance after contacting OEM. Have a nice day. Best regards, Santiago A. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation