Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

P3700 400GB, Intel SSD Data Center Tool - "The opearting system is not supported"

TOtte
Beginner

Intel P3700 400GB on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (6.3.9600 n/a Build 9600) Server is a Fujitsu TX1310 M1

Neither the 32 or 64bit version of Intel SSD Data centre tool 3.0.7 & 3.0.6 will install both report "The operating system is not supported"

Intel Solid-State drive toolbox works fine and and shows their is a firmware update which I want to run however I cannot as the data centre tool is required.

Log files attached, and a print out of systeminfo.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Roots_,

We understand you are trying to install the Intel® Data Center Tool on your server, but it keeps showing you an error message: "OS not supported".

We do recommend to you to make sure all of the Windows* updates are installed and the latest version of .Net Framework.

By any chance, are you in the position of reloading the operating system in case this does not work? This because we have seen similar cases in the past and after a reinstallation, the tool installed just fine.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Roots_,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. We would like to know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
TOtte
Beginner

Hi,

I can't reinstall the server or move the drive its in service. What version of .net do I need to update.

Can I update the firmware with this tool: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26491/Intel-SSD-Firmware-Update-Tool?product=71912 Download Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool

Perhaps you could ask the dev's to re-code the version check seems not to work correctly!

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Roots_,

In order to answer your question, you can not use the Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool because the SSD is not supported by the tool.

Are you able to install the Intel® Data Center Tool on a different system with the same OS? If yes, please try to copy the whole directory from the system that worked to the one that you are not able to install.

The file path is the following C:\isdct.

Please let us know if that works.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
TOtte
Beginner

Thanks, It was happy extracting to a windows 10 system, then copying over. I got the drive updated.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Roots_,

We are glad to hear that you were able to get the drive updated.

Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos