cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3700: Please contact your Intel representative about firmware update for this drive.

HKieh
New Contributor

Hi,

I have four Intel-SSD-DC-P3700-Series-1_6TB-12-Height-PCIe-3_0-20nm-MLC which my company purchased from HP in two Proliant DL380 Gen9 servers. If I run the tool isdct from Intel it prints out the following:

isdct show -intelssd 0

- IntelSSD CVFT5225005S1P6DGN -

DeviceStatus: Healthy

Firmware: 4IFDHPK2

FirmwareUpdateAvailable: Please contact your Intel representative about firmware update for this drive.

ModelNumber: MT1600KEXUV

ProductFamily: Intel SSD DC P3700 Series

SerialNumber: CVFT5225005S1P6DGN

Index: 0

DevicePath: /dev/nvme0n1

Bootloader: 8B1B012E

If I try to do an update it prints out the following:

isdct load -intelssd 0

WARNING! You have selected to update the drives firmware!

Proceed with the update? (Y|N): y

Updating firmware...

Error: Please contact your Intel representative about firmware update for this drive.

I contacted HP and my contact told me this:

HPE does not provide any drivers, FW or utilities for the Intel workload accelerator cards.

The question I have is what must I do to get the new Firmware for these cards?

The operating system used is Redhat 7.2 with a kernel.org kernel 4.4.1.

Many thanks in advance for any help resolving this issue.

Regards,

Holger

11 REPLIES 11

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Holger,

Please check your private messages.

We would like to check further on this and we require some additional information for this purpose.

HKieh
New Contributor

Hello Jonathan,

first sorry for the long delay, I first tried to solve this via HPE but was not successful. I did try to send all the information you have asked for, but your mail server rejects my reply:

Remote-MTA: dns; mga14.intel.com

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 # 5.1.0 Address rejected.

Regards,

Holger

PvanH
New Contributor

Hi,

I've got the same problem with this card but this one is supplied by Dell.

When I try to update the drive I get this message:

[root@*****-01:/opt/intel/isdct] ./isdct load -intelssd 0

WARNING! You have selected to update the drives firmware!

Proceed with the update? (Y|N): y

Updating firmware...

- Intel SSD DC P3700 Series CVFT540300062P0EGN -

Status : Please contact your Intel representative about firmware update for this drive.

When I list all properties of the card I found this value:

OEM : Dell

I created a support ticket at Dell but they redirected me to the Intel support site.

Is there a command line parameter to force this update or bypass this check?

Kind Regards,

Patrick

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello PaHo,

As was mentioned in previous posts, Intel® SSD Data Center Tool does not contain firmware updates for OEM drives and it is not possible to force Intel Firmware to a drive from other vendor.

In this case, we advise to check with Dell Support if they have any firmware update available for this SSD.

Keep in mind that OEM devices are meant to be used in specific configurations, therefore, they may not require firmware updates.

Regards,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the answer but I was already expecting this. Dell is pointing to Intel and Intel is pointing to Dell. It would be really helpful if one of them points to correct website where the most current (OEM) firmware is available.

What I don't understand is that the Intel tool is able to detect the firmware is outdated but nobody can point me to the latest firmware...

Regards,

Patrick