cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3700 VMware vSAN Hybrid

EBean
New Contributor

I have a couple hundred P3700 1600G drives in a VMware vSAN Hybrid configuration that are at firmware 8DV101H0, which is only certified for all-flash configurations. Do you have a mechanism to roll the firmware back to 8DV101F0 where it is certified in a hybrid configuration? Is there currently a plan in the works to certify a newer firmware/driver for a Hybrid vSAN configuration?

I've already tried the DCT and it doesn't appear to have an option to do anything but upgrade the firmware - older version say its already updated and force doesn't change that behavior.

Thanks - Ethan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Ethan,

Unfortunately, there is no way to perform a downgrade of the SSD firmware, you can only perform updates to newer firmware versions. I'm not sure if there is a plan for newer releases, but I'll provide your suggestion to the proper team so they can consider it.If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to post it here.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Ethan,

Unfortunately, there is no way to perform a downgrade of the SSD firmware, you can only perform updates to newer firmware versions. I'm not sure if there is a plan for newer releases, but I'll provide your suggestion to the proper team so they can consider it.If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to post it here.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.